Sunday, May 15, 2011

Buyer reviews / Dark Art Miniatures

As a retail business owner and an avid hobbyist I often find myself looking for other buyer reviews before buying from webstores. I thought I would start a series of reviews on the webstores I have purchased from and the products I have bought. I hope this is helpful to you all.

This time Dark Art Miniatures http://www.darkartstore.darkartminiatures.com/  I stumbled across this store on Dakka Dakka while looking for Tyranid stuff.

I had recently purchased a bastion and defense line and thought that these would go great with them, making for great tyranid terrain.  check out the website for better pics.













Dark Art's first contact terrain line looks great for bug players so I pulled the trigger and got Hive Nest pieces.
















My Experience in ordering from Dark Art Miniatures was normal, item goes in cart, pay. Nothing out of the norm here. A+  My order arrived rather quickly, again considering that it was internationaly shipped.

The pieces I received were good.  The original models seem a little rushed I wish the sculpter would have spent a little more time cleaning up the masters.  Casting quality is nice, on par with armorcast, better than most Forgeworld, not nearly as good as my recent Chapterhouse models.



















I would do business with Dark Arts again and recommend them to others

I like the alien hive models but not in love with them 3 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking for some reviews of these, and I'm glad to see the scale pics with the Carnifex. Do you perhaps have any pics of these painted up?

    ReplyDelete