So I have been working on a few ForgeWorld or possibly FW knockoffs in an attempt to catch up on my backlog of unassembled models.
There was a small break here and I did not have the piece that broke off. I used a very thin piece of plastic card (from a yardsale sign) I glued it to the underside and trimmed it to fit the old curve of the piece.
I then dropped a few drops of superglue onto the piece, followed up with sprinkling baking soda on the glue. The baking soda makes the glue cure almost instantly, and when it dries you can sand it. It it much harder than GreenStuff. Making it ideal for this fix.
Other fixes needed too.
1 The engine cover got snapped off, I reinforced it from below with thin plasticard.
2 The engine cover and stabilizer seen far right had broken in transit. I rebuilt the cowl using thin plasticard from underneath and using ProCreate grey putty on the visible side of the model.
3 The white half of the stabilizer mount is thick plasticard cut and sanded to fit the original missing piece.
I glues a magnet to the mounting end and hung it from my work bench. Then I used the heat gun to soften the resin and bend it back into shape. Because it was hanging gravity helped keep it straight while the resin cooled.